Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts do contain affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
When it comes to pampering our pooches, we’re the first in line.
One of the best ways to make your pup look their best is to buy them a designer dog collar. These bad boys allow you to reflect your own personal style onto your dog, while also ensuring that they look fabulous at every opportunity.
We’ve compiled the best luxury dog collars on the market right now and divided them into categories so you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
Whether it’s a seriously high end purchase or something a little more cutesy, we guarantee that we’ve got what you’re looking for.
- 1 What to Look for in a Designer Dog Collar
- 2 A Note on Price
- 3 High End Dog Collars
- 3.1 COACH Turquoise Leather Collar with Engraveable Charm, Limited Edition
- 3.2 Evans Collars Crocodile Monarch Rhodium Collar
- 3.3 Dean and Tyler ‘THOR’ Leather Dog Collar with Brass Plates and Nickel Studs
- 3.4 Hennessy & Sons Harris Tweed and Leather Dog Collar
- 3.5 Hennessy & Sons Natural LV Handmade Leather Dog Collar
- 4 Luxury Leather Dog Collars
- 4.1 Luxury Real Leather Padded Dog Collar
- 4.2 Genuine Leather Designer Dog Collar by Honest Paw
- 4.3 Chrome Bones Italian Patent Leather Racer Signature 8
- 4.4 JIngwy All-Natural Real Leather Collar
- 4.5 Mighty Paw Super Soft Distressed Leather Dog Collar
- 4.6 Deer Ridge Leather Collar
- 4.7 Crystallized Soft Italian Leather Dog Collar
- 4.8 Red Navy and White Woven Leather Dog Collar
- 5 Cute Designer Dog Collars
What to Look for in a Designer Dog Collar
Just like in the human world, quality isn’t necessarily guaranteed by a designer name (although a bit of luxury name dropping never hurt any dog!).
We define luxury dog collars by the quality of the manufacturing process and the materials used.
That usually means something that is hand crafted and hand cut in the USA, using natural materials and avoiding the synthetic. When it comes to luxury leather dog collars, that obviously means that they’re made of genuine leather.
If you’re interested in the manufacturing of designer dog collars, check out this video from New Zealand firm, Momo and Beau Ltd:
Durability also comes into play here too. We’re not interested in collars that look great on day 1 but have cracked into pieces by day 7. We want durable backing, double hand stitching and plating on any metal components.
Comfort is also important. Some cheap collars are known to feel scratchy against your dog’s neck, causing them skin irritation and even lesions in serious cases. Always opt for designer dog collars with a soft leather texture or padded backing to ramp up the comfort level.
Obviously, the major feature that defines a designer dog collar is that it looks gorgeous.
What that is, is up to you. Do you prefer something strong and simple? Cute and flowery? Glitzy and bejewelled? Have a look at the products on offer and see if there’s anything calling your name.
We happen to love collars that come with an engravable charm. It’s a great way to add your pup’s name and your number somewhere that’s both subtle and obvious if they should ever escape outside. Ideal!
A note for our UK readers — check out the luxury dog collars at Chelsea Dogs if you want something fancy for your British bred pooch!
A Note on Price
Before you dive into your designer dog collar shopping, you should be aware that with quality comes a higher than normal price tag. Just like with anything!
We’ve included products from a range of price points here — from under $20 to over $500 — so you’ll be able to find something that suits you.
Collars with jewels or recognizable designer names usually command the higher prices while more high street and homemade brands can be found in the cheaper section.
Genuine leather and collars made of particularly quality and durable materials are also naturally higher priced too. You get what you pay for!
High End Dog Collars
These products are some of the highest quality luxury dog collars available today.
Made by some of the world’s top designers, these collars don’t come cheap but they certainly lend an air of luxe charm to your canine companion’s neck!
- Baby blue leather decorated with gold colored grommets
- Engravable charm attached
- Presented in an original COACH box
- The perfect gift!
- Hand cut, hand crafted and hand jeweled by master sapphire cutters, jewelers and other artisans
- Made in the USA
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Center rom of 3 carat, hand cut sapphires, accented by 1 carat sapphires
- Available in either mirabella lambskin or in vegan crocodile
- Backed with tundra sheep skin for ultra soft comfort and durability
- Created with leather from Netherlands
- Adorned with brass plates and pyramid nickel stud columns
- Available in brown, black or tan colors
- Ecologically tanned leather
- Includes engravable stainless steel tag
- Available in rust brown, mackenzie blue and silver grey colors
- Available in small, medium and large
- Ecologically tanned with vegetable leather
- Engravable stainless steel charm
- Available in 5 different color schemes
- Buckle closure
Luxury Leather Dog Collars
This next collection is more affordable but equally high quality, made of genuine leather and designed to make your pooch look totally sophisticated with their brand new designer dog collection.
- Collars are handmade and hand stitched
- Soft padding protects your dog’s neck from rubbing or other irritation
- Two tone color: 5 different combinations available
- Large D ring for easy leash attachment
- Made in the USA
- Double layered genuine leather collar
- Available in 4 different colors and 5 different size
- Not scratchy against your pup’s neck
- Made from Italian patent leather
- Chrome plated hardware
- 4 different bright and bold colors available
- Stud detail
- Made from all-natural cowhide leather
- Cool retro design
- Available in two colors: blue and red
- Made from 100% premium quality leather
- Super soft so it won’t irritate your dog’s neck
- Comes with embossed logo
- Available in 3 colors and 4 different sizes
- Made of single ply harness leather
- Beautiful two tone colors of sunset and saddle tan
- D ring and rivets are brass plated
- Brass buckle is non-rust
- Available in 12 different colors
- Made of Italian leather and adorned with Swarovski crystals
- Lined with leather for durability
- Made in the USA
- Soft on your dog’s neck
- Made of woven leather that’s soft and flexible
- Hand stitched with 3 different colored wax thread
- Argentina inspired design
- Equipped with a D-ring for easy leash attachment
- Comes in 4 different sizes
Cute Designer Dog Collars
If you’re looking for a designer dog collar that’s just as cute but with a more affordable price tag, take a look at these affordable collars that could light your spark.
Perhaps not of quite the same pedigree as some of the luxury dog collars above, these ones are nevertheless cute and kitsch — and of a high enough quality not to irritate your dog’s neck and head.
- 4 different floral designs to choose from
- Made from polyester webbing with a neoprene layer for comfort
- Chrome plated D ring for easy leash attachment
- Logo loop to attach charms or other accessories
- Very soft to the touch
- Handmade and made to order designer dog collar made by Marityn Dog
- Made of animal-friendly materials with no leather or fur
- Made of yarn dyed with geometric Aztec style patterns
- Very durable: backing made of a flexible nylon webbing that’s very strong
- Special stitching around stress points for additional durability
- Can be machine washed on a gentle cycle
- Hand crafted in the USA
- Available in three sizes from medium to extra large
- Aluminium side release buckle
- Nickel plated zinc slide and welded steel D-ring for durability
- Golf themed pattern
- Soft cotton webbing decorated with a map of the world
- Quick release buckle
- Available in three different sizes
- Made in the USA
- Antique brass D-ring for easy leash attachment
That’s our round-up of the best and most beautiful designer dog collars available right now. Keep checking back and we’ll update our listings as and when we find new amazing products.
Time for a little gift shopping we think…
Which is your favorite designer dog collar?